Sunday, July 02, 2006

Heat (English)



Unbelievable!!!

Borrowing from Gamasutra.com - "Sometimes the best interactions occur between heroes and villians such as the diner scene between Pacino and De Niro in Heat"

At first viewing, I thought this movie is mostly a slow mover with it's moments. But on the second viewing, I realise its the scenes like the diner one and the scene at the docks, that make this an intelligent thriller.
Before the diner scene, Pacino and team are 'made' by De Niro's gang, at the dock yard. Later Pacino has surveillance on the thieves, so he tracks De Niro and chases him. He stops him, comes by and says 'How about you and I have a cup of coffee?' 'Yes. Let's go'
A no-sweat conversation between a thief and a cop...both equally determined to stick at doing what they know best. Each threatening the other with not as much as a bead of sweat or an ounce of tension on the face.

No wonder these guys are best at what they do! (I mean Pacino and De Niro)
It's a treat to watch them together!

5 comments:

Murali said...

That one scene !!

I think al just loses his cool for once, but thru out the scene both of them make so much sense to each other that its mind blowing indeed....

Of course neenu erd erd sali nodidya ! Makes perfect sense ! :)

Madhu said...

Yea...and you are almost holding your breath that they both will 'jhapat' at each other or something like that :) but nothing..

in fact, you feel a sort of respect between each other...they talk about each other's personal life too..

Anonymous said...

awesome... seriously mind blowiing performance...

Nithin Raghuveer said...

Pacino[when pushed to the wall by partner]:All right, so what I should do is, uhm, come home and say "Hi Honey, guess what? I walked into this house today where this junkie asshole just fried his baby in a microwave because it was crying too loud, so let me share that with you."

Pacino:Empathy was yesterday. Today, you're wasting my @#$%ing time.

On the telephone -
[Soon to be shot betrayer]:What are you doing?
De Niro:What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone.
I don't understand
De Niro:Cause there is a dead man on the other end of this @#$%in line[hangs up]

During the Diner seq when Pacino says he will eventually nail De Niro coz he as a cop has seen it all and dunnit all -
You see me doin' thrill-seeker liquor store holdups with a "Born to Lose" tattoo on my chest?

@#$%in beat that...

Madhu said...

isn't De niro something!! :) how did I miss that telephone dialogue!
Some real cool dialogues those...thanks Nitin.
I wish I could just now, sitting here, write a review on 'Scent of a Woman'....sometime soon I guess!